- Invertible Darboux Transformations of Type I , accepted to Programming and Computer Software, special issue Computer Algebra, (Russian Academy of Science, eds. S. Abramov, S.Tsarev), 2015.
Informal abstract. In this paper we propose a general categorical approach to invertible Darboux transformations. For operators of arbitrary dimension and arbitrary order we singled out Darboux transformations of certain form and call them transformation of type I (precisely M generates a Darboux transformation for L of type I if the remainder of the division of L by M is just a function).
Transformations of type I are always invertible, and amazingly we have simple coordinate-free formulas for all operators involved into the definition of Darboux transformation and its inverse in this case. All Darboux transformations of order one are of type I. Laplace transformations are of type I too.
Using those we obtained analogs of chains Darboux transformations for operators of third order .
- Factorization of Darboux Transformations of Arbitrary Order for Two-dimensional Schroedinger
operator, (submitted) 2014.
Informal abstract. We give a proof of Darboux's conjecture that every Darboux transformation of arbitrary order of a 2D Schroedinger type operator can be factorized into Darboux transformations of order one. The proof is constructive.
Besides the main result, the paper contains an algebraic definition of a Darboux transformations for an arbitrary operator, which naturally implies additional properties that are usually had to be added artificially.
- Orbits of Darboux groupoid for hyperbolic operators of order three , Geometric Methods in Physics,
P. Kielanowski, S. T. Ali, A.Odesski, A. Odzijewicz, M. Schlichenmaier, Th. Voronov (editors),
Trends in Mathematics. Springer, Basel, 2014.
Informal abstract. Darboux transformations are viewed as morphisms in a Darboux category. Darboux transformations of type I which we defined previously, make an important subgroupoid consists of Darboux transformations of type I. We describe the orbits of this subgroupoid for hyperbolic operators of order three. We consider the algebras of differential invariants for our operators. In particular, we show that the Darboux transformations of this class can be lifted to transformations of differential invariants (which we calculate explicitly).
- Darboux transformations for factorizable operators, Programming and Computer Software, special issue Computer Algebra,
(Russian Academy of Science, eds. S. Abramov, S.Tsarev), number 2, 2014.
Informal abstract. He we address a "non-general" case, which was skipped in the paper above, and which occurs when initial operator is factorizable. Darboux transformations for such operators have a number of additional interesting properties, while many usual facts which are true for a general Darboux transformation are not true for this one. Initially the case was skipped due to the two reasons: 1) it is kind of very degenerate case, because once operator is factorizable, we can write down its complete solution; 2) the methods that have been employed for the general case completely fail here. However, since Darboux transformations of an operator are often used not for the solution of the corresponding linear PDE, but for some integrable system based on it, we cannot completely neglect this case.
Darboux transformations for factorizable operator has lot of structure. In particular, there is a correspondence between Darboux transformations of factorizable second-order operators and Darboux transformation of first order operators. However, the correspondence is not one-to-one, and lifting back process is not immediate.
- Invertible Darboux Transformations ,
SIGMA 9 (2013), 002,
special issue “Symmetries of Differential Equations: Frames, Invariants and Applications” in
honor of the 60th Birthday of Peter Olver. Eds: N.Kamran, G.M.Beffa, W. Miller, G. Sapiro, bibtex
Informal abstract. This paper is the first step towards the study of invertible Darboux transformations. If Darboux transformation is invertible then the corresponding mappings of the operator kernels is an isomorphism. For the classical case of operators of order two on the plane, there are only two invertible Darboux transformations, which are two famous particular cases of Darboux transformations, Laplace transformations.
Here we find a criterion for an arbitrary operator on the plane to have an invertible Darboux transformation.
We also study Wronkian-type formulas which allow to construct Darboux transformations for many different types of operators. These are non-invertible by construction. From time to time new works appear showing that Wronskian-type formulas generate Darboux transformations for some new type of operators. However, up until this work there has been no explicit example of an operator for which Wronkiant-type formulas do NOT work. We give an explicit example in this paper, and find sufficient conditions for Wronkians to work.
- Invariants for Darboux transformations of Arbitrary Order for
$D_x D_y +aD_x + bD_y +c$ , Geometric Methods in Physics. XXXI Workshop, Bialowieza, Poland, June 30 to July 6, 2013,
P. Kielanowski, S. T. Ali, A.Odesski, A. Odzijewicz, M. Schlichenmaier, Th. Voronov (editors),
Trends in Mathematics. Springer, Basel, 2013. bibtex .
Informal abstract. One of my goals is to develop an invariant approach to Darboux transformations. A Darboux transformation of arbitrary order for an operator of the form $L=D_x D_y +aD_x + bD_y +c$ is generated by an arbitrary partial differential operator $M$. The fact that operator $M$ is arbitrary makes it hard to find compact constructive and explicit formulas for the joint differential invariants.
Such formulas is the achievement of the present paper. The formulas are given in terms of complete Bell polynomials.
- Proof of the Completeness of Darboux Wronskian Formulae for Order Two,
Canadian Journal of Mathematics 65, no.3, 655-674, 2013.
Informal abstract. The paper contains a constructive proof that every Darboux transformation for operators of the form $D_x D_y +aD_x + bD_y +c$ can be factored into elementary Darboux transformations of order one. For such operators there are only two types of elementary Darboux transformations: Wronskian-type and Laplace transformations (this was proved in earlier paper Laplace Transformations as the Only Degenerate Darboux Transformations of First Order).
The conjecture was reduced to the solution of a complicated system of non-linear PDEs. Using moving frames method (of differential geometry, due to P.Olver et al.) I have found a generating set of joint differential invariants for the involved operators. Then after re-writing in terms of invariants, the initial system split into two much simpler systems, one of which was a system of linear PDEs.
- Package LPDO for MAPLE, Programming and Computer Software, special issue Computer Algebra,
(Russian Academy of Science, eds. S. Abramov, S.Tsarev), number 4, 2013.
Informal abstract. Help file for my LPDO package .
- Journal: Laplace Transformations as the Only Degenerate Darboux Transformations of First Order,
Programming and Computer Software, special issue Computer Algebra,
(Russian Academy of Science, eds. S. Abramov, S.Tsarev), volume 38, number 2, 2012, bibtex .
Informal abstract. Wronskian formulas allow one to construct Darboux Transformations (DTs). Laplace transformations (DT of order one) cannot be represented in this way. Here: among DTs of total order 1 - NO exceptions, other than Laplace transformations.
- X- and Y-invariants of partial differential operators in the plane , Programming and Computer Software, special issue devoted to Computer Algebra 2011, (Russian Academy of Science, eds. S. Abramov, S.Tsarev), (37), no.4, pp.192-196, 2011, bibtex.
- Book chapter: with F. Winkler, Linear Partial Differential Equations and Linear Partial Differential Operators in Computer Algebra,
in Monographs in Symbolic Computation, Springer (book chapter),
editors: P. Paule et al., vol. Progress and Prospects in Numerical and Symbolic Scientific Computing, 2011.
- Refinement of Two-Factor Factorizations of a Linear Partial Differential Operator of Arbitrary Order and Dimension, Mathematics in Computer Science, (4), no.2-3, pp. 223-230, 2010, bibtex .
- with S.I.Khashin, and D.J.Jeffrey,
a completely monotonic function,
Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 60, issue 5, pp.1360-1363, 2010.
, bibtex .
- : Multiple factorizations of bivariate linear partial differential operators, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5743, pp. 299--309, 2009, bibtex .
- : On the invariant properties of non-hyperbolic third-order linear partial differential operators, Conferences on Intelligent Computer Mathematics, vol.5625, pp.154--169, 2009, bibtex .
- with S.Tsarev
Differential transformations of
parabolic second-order operators in the plane,
Proceedings Steklov Inst. Math. (Moscow), vol.266, pp.219--227, 2009, bibtex .
- : with E.Mansfield, Moving frames for Laplace
invariants, Proceedings of ISSAC 2008 (The International Symposium on Symbolic and
Algebraic Computation), pp.295--302, 2008, bibtex .
2007 (PhD degree obtained in 2007)
- : with F.Winkler, On the invariant properties of hyperbolic bivariate third-order linear partial differential operators, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, vol.5081, pp.199--212, 2007, bibtex .
- : with F.Winkler, A full system of invariants for third-order linear partial differential operators in general form, Lecture Notes in Comput. Sci., vol.4770, pp.360--369, 2007, bibtex .
- The Parametric Factorizations of Second-, Third- and Fourth-Order Linear Partial Differential Operators on the Plane , Mathematics in Computer Science, vol.1, no.2, pp.225--237, 2007, bibtex .
- with F.Winkler, Obstacles to the Factorization of Linear Partial Differential Operators into Several Factors , Programming and Computer Software, vol.33, no.2, pp.67--73, 2007, bibtex .
- : with F.Winkler, Symbolic and Algebraic Methods for Linear Partial Differential Operators ,
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol.4770, 2007, bibtex .
- : with F.Winkler, Obstacle to Factorization of LPDOs, in Proc. Transgressive Computing 2006 (J.-G. Dumas, ed.), pp.435--441, 2006.
- : A full system of invariants for third-order linear
differential operators, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol.4120,
pp.360--369, 2006, bibtex .
2004 (while 5th year undergraduate student)
- Involutive divisions. Graphs., Programming
Computer Software, vol.30, no.2, pp.68--74, 2004.
2003 (while 4th year undergraduate student)
- Involutive divisions for effective involutive algorithms, Fundam. Prikl. Mat., vol.9, no.3, pp.237--253, 2003.
Research interests:Partial Differential Equations, Integrable systems, Abstract Algebra, Differential Geometry, Computational Mathematics.
Specific Expertize:Algebraic theory of Darboux transformations, factorizations of linear partial differential operators.
My Refereed Publications (published/accepted - 25, submitted - 1)
Minor Refereed Publications
- Abstract of the PhD thesis, M.Giesbrecht (eds.), ACM Communications in Computer Algebra, 41, N.3, issue 161, 2007.
- with F. Winkler. Extended abstract: Algebraic Methods for Linear Partial Differential Operators. M.Giesbrecht, I.Kotsireas, A.Lobo (eds.), ACM Communications in Computer Algebra, 41, N.2, issue 160, 2007.
- with F. Winkler. Extended abstract: Approximate Factorization of Linear Partial Differential Operators. Full System of Invariants for Order Three. Zh. Wan, A.Lobo(eds.), ACM Communications in Computer Algebra, 40, N.2, issue 156, 2006.
- with J. Middeke, F. Winkler, Proceedings of DEAM (Workshop for Differential Equations by Algebraic Methods), 2009, RISC Report Series, University of Linz, Austria.