Research: list of my publicationsPartial Differential Equations, Integrable systems. In particular, Darboux transformations, factorization of linear partial differential operators. P.Olver's method of regularized moving frames. Integrable systems and supermathematics.
I am interested in both problem solving and creating theories. I am also interested and have experience in computational mathematics.
Students' research projects: see more hereSimon Li (Fall 2015), Darboux transformations and Berezinians
Gabrielle Buck (Fall 2015), Orbits under Darboux transformations of type I
Sean Hill (Spring 2015), Analogues of Darboux transformations in Super Case
Dante Peluso and Michelle Parra (Fall 2014), Complex analysis in geography: the Mercator map and Moebius transformations
Caitlin Kennedy (Fall 2014 and Fall 2015), Flow around airfoils of special kinds
John Curtin, Devin Grady and Paul Lake (Spring 2014, Fall 2014), Making Latex dynamical for a mathematical game.
Other Useful Activities:
- Internationally: Poster chair of ISSAC 2015 (up to 400 participants).
- Internationally: Publicity chair of ISSAC 2014 (up to 400 participants).
- SUNY NP: central committee member for Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities
(since Fall 2014).
- SUNY NP: Calculus coordinator (since Spring 2012).
- SUNY NP: I am faculty advisor of 3 math clubs: SIAM & AWM & AMS student chapters (since Spring 2012).
- 2015, London Mathematical Society, Scheme 2, about $2.2K in total.
- 2014, Provost Challenge Grant, $3+3K in total.
- 2013, Visiting University Scholar, University of Manchester, UK, about $1K.
- 2011, PI, Visiting University Scholar, funding a visit of a collaborator, $3K.
- 2007, PI, Symbolic and Algebraic Methods for Linear Partial Differential Operators, with F.Winkler, FWF (Austrian Science Fund), 308K euros.
Math club (SIAM & AWM & AMS student chapters):I am ``Club advisor of the year'' for Fall13-Spring14 academic year! The photo.
Here is our web page and facebook page. Join us for Trivia Nights (jeopardy-style game), Case Closed (a math lawyer-detective game), Integration Bee, Algebra Bee, trips to Math and Science museums, conference trips.
Teaching:Fall 2015: Calculus 3 and Linear Algebra, see NP blackboard system.
Past: Calculus 1,2, Vector Calculus (Calculus 3), PDEs, integrated MAPLE, graduate course: algebraic methods for PDEs.