Research: list of my publicationsPartial Differential Equations, Integrable systems. In particular, Darboux transformations, factorization of linear partial differential operators. Supermathematics. Olver's regularized moving frames.
I am also interested in computational mathematics.
Students' research projects: see more hereFinley Hartley (Spring 2016), Geometric framescope for Darboux transformations
Simon Li (Fall 2015, Spring 2016), Darboux transformations and Berezinians
Gabrielle Buck (Fall 2015, Spring 2016), Orbits under Darboux transformations of type I
Sean Hill (Spring 2015), Analogues of Darboux transformations in Super Case. Our paper is accepted to Russian Mathematical Surveys Darboux transformations for differential operators on the superline
Dante Peluso and Michelle Parra (Fall 2014), Complex analysis in geography: the Mercator map and Moebius transformations
Caitlin Kennedy (Fall 2014 and Fall 2015), Flow around airfoils of special kinds
John Curtin, Devin Grady and Paul Lake (Spring 2014, Fall 2014), Making Latex dynamical for a mathematical game.
Other Useful Activities:
- Internationally: Organizer of the special session Integrability and Geometry at
XXXV Workshop on Geometric Methods in Physics in Poland, 26 June - 2 July, 2016.
- Internationally: Poster chair of ISSAC 2015 (up to 400 participants).
- Internationally: Publicity chair of ISSAC 2014 (up to 400 participants).
- SUNY NP: central committee member for Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities
(since Fall 2014).
- SUNY NP: Calculus coordinator (since Spring 2012).
- SUNY NP: I am faculty advisor of 3 math clubs: SIAM & AWM & AMS student chapters (since Spring 2012).
- 2016, NSF's geometric analysis conferences and workshops program, $46K.
- 2015, London Mathematical Society, Research in pairs, about $1K in total.
- 2015, London Mathematical Society, Scheme 2, about $2.2K in total.
- 2014, Provost Challenge Grant, $3+3K in total.
- 2013, Visiting University Scholar, University of Manchester, UK, about $1K.
- 2011, PI, Visiting University Scholar, funding a visit of a collaborator, $3K.
- 2007, PI, Symbolic and Algebraic Methods for Linear Partial Differential Operators, with F.Winkler, FWF (Austrian Science Fund), 308K euros.
Math club (SIAM & AWM & AMS student chapters):I am ``Club advisor of the year'' for Fall13-Spring14 academic year! The photo.
Here are our AWM facebook page and our SIAM facebook page. Join us for Trivia Nights (jeopardy-style game), Case Closed (a math lawyer-detective game), Integration Bee, Algebra Bee, trips to Math and Science museums, conference trips.
Teaching:Spring 2016: Foundations of Algebra, Calculus 3 and Linear Algebra, see NP blackboard system.
Past: Linear Algebra, Calculus 1,2, Vector Calculus (Calculus 3), PDEs, integrated MAPLE, graduate course: algebraic methods for PDEs.