Remote Calendar access
The Zimbra system can be used to subscribe to external calendars in .ics format. Though there are many calendars like this available online - the instructions below are for the SUNY New Paltz Academic Calendar.
- Go to the SUNY New Paltz Academic Calendar page: http://www.newpaltz.edu/events/academic.cfm
- Select the semester you want to get the calendar from (Summer 2009, Fall 2009, etc).
- Right click on the link which states: "Download the academic
calendar in .ics format" and choose Copy Link Location (in
Mozilla Firefox) or Copy Shortcut (in Internet Explorer).
(Please note: the .ics link may not be available for all future semesters)
- Go into Zimbra and click on the Calendar tab.
- Click on New Calendar at the top left.
- Name the calendar something descriptive. For example, if this is the Fall 2009 calendar, you can name it Fall 2009 calendar.
- Check the "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar" and "Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times" check boxes.
- Go to the "URL" box, right click and choose "Paste". This will paste in the .ics address that you copied in step three.
- Click OK to finish the setup. Your new calendar will be added.
Return to Main Help Index
Return to Zimbra